Saturday, June 23, 2007

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

The Good...

Last night I played in the weekly blonkament hosted by Katitude. It's just a laid back $1 rebuy tourney where the bloggers just mess around. For the first hour I got some good hands and build a sizable stack without having to rebuy. The rest of the time I just tried to play good poker and I think I did pretty well, I believe I only had one suckout so not too bad. When all was said and done I won the tourney. Yup, another blogger tourney under the belt. Geez I'm such a lucky donk. Well that was about the only good so far.

The Bad...

I think I'm down over $100 for the past 48 hours at the cash tables. My aces and kings just seem to love getting cracked. Fun! I did play in a four Tier One SNGs and wound up winning 2 tokens, the bad part is I should have had three but suffered a huge suckout when my aces got cracked on the river.

And now The Ugly...

I decided to play in the Tier Two Frenzy tonight so I could have a $75 token ready for the Blogger Big Game next Sunday. I was doing great, I was 4/88 and then ran into this gem of a suckout:

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to mtnrider81 [Ad Kh]
mtnrider81 raises to 210
krs477 calls 210

*** FLOP *** [Qd Kd 5s]
mtnrider81 bets 510
krs477 has 15 seconds left to act
krs477 raises to 1,905, and is all in
mtnrider81 calls 1,395
krs477 shows [Jc Qh]
mtnrider81 shows [Ad Kh]

*** TURN *** [Qd Kd 5s] [6h]

*** RIVER *** [Qd Kd 5s 6h] [Jh] (OF COURSE!!)

So douche bag gets his out on the river. Instead of being in first and easily making it to the token payout, IGH a few hands later because I'm on huge-mega-wanna-stab-him-in-the-eye-with-an-ice-pick tilt. Gotta love this game sometimes. Ok, I'm done now.

No comments:

Post a Comment