Friday, July 6, 2007

Hiatus

For the past week I have been in remission, not having a real care in the world and slacking off when and where possible. I started the week by playing hooky from work Monday and Tuesday because I just didn't have the motivation to go. Waking up and having a feeling of utter disappointment that the job you have is a retched demon slowly sucking the life out of you day by day can cause such actions. I keep asking myself if this is what I really want to do with my life and the responses so far aren't pleasant. My job isn't necessarily hard, it just lacks the challenge and structure that I need. I know I need a new job, that's undeniable, but my problem is if I should continue in the same field or should I try to find something else with which I have more of a passion. This is going to take some time to figure out.

I didn't play in the weekly blogger tourneys this week because I was just trying to make the most of my free time this week. I took time to hang out with friends I haven't seen in awhile and even took my dirt bike out of storage to clean it up and make it ridable again. I was glad to see it was able to start up with relative ease and it still ran well. It's also fun to piss off Mormons walking down the street as you ride a bike right next to them, haha. Sorry about that fellas.

I do plan on playing in the blogger tourneys here again. Maybe I'll make it out to Katitude's donkament tonight and have a little fun. Depends on when my parents plane gets in from London tonight tho. They're coming back from a nice vacation and I have to go pick them up. Well that's about it for right now. I know there wasn't a ton of poker today but hopefully that will change soon.

2 comments:

  1. good luck with the job decisions and see you on the felt...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, I know just how you feel job-wise. I fucking hate my job and the people I work with on a daily basis. I just keep reminding myself that this is a very well paying job, with lots of freedom and flexibilty. I am not really under the gun by anyone and have it easy. But I still hate it.

    ReplyDelete