Thursday, May 31, 2007

It's Time for a Challenge

"You accomplish victory step by step, not by leaps and bounds."
~Lyn St. James


Well it's the end of the month, time to reflect on the past 4 weeks and set new goals for next month. Ever since the beginning of the year I have been trying to get into better shape, gain more weight and increase my endurance. However, in the past couple of months I haven't been keeping up with my workout schedule like I should be. It's time to get motivated again. I'm giving myself 3 months to get myself to my first weight goal. That's 2160 hours to gain ten pounds. Eating at least 2800 calories for 90 days straight. Now that might not sound so hard but I'm trying to do this right by eating properly and not stuffing myself to the point of discomfort. I'm a skinny guy. Always have been. And I'm tired of it. But I don't want to plunge myself into an unhealthy eating habit. So to help me achieve my goals, here are my mini goals for the month of June:
  • Eat 2800 Calories a day; 20%-Fat, 40%-Carbs, 40%-Protein
  • Workout at least 3 days a week
  • Run for 30 minutes each day
  • Drink 8 cups of water a day

Footnote: For those of you geeks like me out there, today is a blue moon for those of us in the western hemisphere. Just a useless fact to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment